We are looking for a Wind Analyst to work in Madrid
1.1 Main Tasks:
Apply experience and discernment in support of regional projects specifically relating to wind analysis, measurement campaigns, data quality control, wind flow modeling, and wake modeling.
· Design effective and efficient measurement campaigns to support project development and energy analysis.
· Quality control and clean measurement data (met masts and remote sensing devices) while applying discernment and automation.
· Perform analysis on large data sets including but not limited to imputation of data gaps, selective averaging, long-term adjustment, shear, turbulence, and air density.
· Apply with expert skill a suite of wind flow and wake models to specific projects within the ECR development pipeline. Evaluate competing results and apply most representative technical outcome.
· Prepare site conditions as input into turbine supplier site suitability analysis
· Navigate project constraints to optimize proposed wind farm production or cost of energy production. Such optimizations include interdepartmental collaboration, desktop optimization, field observations, and micrositing.
· Perform uncertainty analysis on energy production estimates
· Report analysis methods and results in a concise customer friendly matter
· Validate pre-construction energy estimates with operational data and implement improvements to pre-construction analysis technique.
· Project manage and/or technically support department improvement or research & development programs with a goal of maintaining industry leading technical standards.
· Accountable for maximizing ECR project value while honoring procedures & guidelines to assure procedural harmonization and standardization.
2.1 Reporting Line:
Director of Construction & Engineering
Head of Wind Yield Assessment
Wind Yield Technical Manager
Master of Science in Meteorology, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a closely related field
Technical: Minimum three years experience in wind analysis demonstrating technical proficiency with a wide variety of industry standard software, and discernment.