A large London based Operator are Recruiting for a Head of Procurement to manage their Mining projects.
As Head of Procurement your role will be managing a small team of 2 and coordinating with global operational purchasing heads. You role will include the following roles and responsibilities:
· Provide world class Purchasing and Procurement services & support as per group procurement policies and procedures.
· Develop and implement Procurement strategies, policies and processes to ensure strong Governance, Compliance & controls across the mining segment
· Support sites performance and developments for the mining area
· Drive H&S mindset & orientation across the procurement team
· Define, implement and coordinate Operational Purchasing and Procurement strategy based on needs of the business area including - negotiation of contracts and supplies, work with unit procurement teams to leverage strategic buying opportunities and implement stragetic plans.
· Ensure proper Purchasing procedures are in place & followed.
· Oversee capital Purchases for Operational Units - Sustaining capex & support to optimize Total Cost of Ownership.
· Balance global, regional and local purchasing
· Establish result driven procurement process based on close involvement of users and TCO principles
· Develop and maintain procurement process complaint with ISO, SOX
· Develop and standardize IT-tools and systems
· Vendor development and management of strategic relationships with key suppliers
· Lead deployment of effective contract management process
· Warehousing - ensure proper controls for warehousing & inventory management at mining units
· Manage continuous improvement - internal and external benchmarking
· Ensure close collaboration Operational Mining Sites & group procurement organization.
· Incorporate Risk analysis & Compliance in Operational purchasing decisions and actions
· Manage people development
· Provide purchasing and procurement solutions to the business area - for Operational Sustainable purchasing management
· Implement best in Class Global Mining practices in Operational Purchasing & Procurement
The successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
· Head of purchasing in medium / large sized Units
· Head of purchasing - Regional area / Head of Purchasing Dept
· It is desirable that you have experience in the mining business supply chain functions with direct responsibility for negotiations and procurement of mining specific heavy (fixed and mobile) equipment's, spare parts, tyres, explosives & service contracts. Heavy Infrastructure industry experience will also be considered.
· Experience to negotiate global contracts.
· Experience in managing procurement for large capital projects (>100 MUSD) would be considered an advantage.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003