Function : Inspection Services Manager
Location : Johannesburg
Duration : Permanent
NB: Vacancies are applicable only for South African Local Citizens
Job title: Inspection Services Manager Revision number:
Reports to: Industry Director Date created:
Division & Department: I&F, INY
Inspection Services Business Unit (BU) Management
Main Purpose of the Job
As Inspection Services Manager, the job incumbent is responsible for all commercial, technical, financial and operational activities related to the BU and for the monthly reporting of the results and progress. The incumbent is further responsible for the day-to-day management of staff and all the business lines within the BU, including: inspections of pressure equipment, general process & industrial equipment, transport vessels, buildings and infrastructure, as well as workshop inspections.
1. Develop a business plan with targeted actions and profitability projections in accordance with general BV guidelines and strategy.
2. Full financial management of the BU, with P&L responsibilities of all the activities falling under the Inspection Services portfolio activities in South Africa. This includes: managing the AD50, cash flow, creditors and cost control.
3. Actively engage with clients on a regular basis and develop and maintain client relationships.
4. Recruit, develop and manage team composed of multi-disciplined inspectors, engineers and other technical professionals.
5. Performance management of team and individuals to agreed objectives.
6. Ensure all operational and technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
7. Ensure maximum utilization rates of the team.
8. Ensure compliance with Group guidelines, including Code of Ethics and Technical, Quality & Risk Management procedures.
9. Develop and implement appropriate business development strategies for the BU, working with the Business Development team, to follow up on leads, track tenders etc.
10. Ensure department is appropriately resourced with people and equipment.
11. Ensure continuous contact and exchange of information with other departments, such as HR, Finance, IT, Technical Centre and Asset Integrity Management.
Performance Measures (KPI's)
Revenue, Operating Profit
Cash flow/cash collection/cost control.
Top client knowledge and relationships.
Compliance to internal and external regulations.
Personnel development and performance
Job Holder Requirements Required Qualifications and Experience:
A mechanical engineering tertiary qualification
10 years' experience in a similar position or that of an inspection engineer, preferably within an international company.
P&L experience required.
Experience within Bureau Veritas, highly preferred.
Experience in managing people, specifically inspectors and other technical staff.
Key Skills Key Behaviours/Competencies:
Good commercial and business development skills
Project Management skills.
Good people engagement and relational skills.
Strong organisational skills
Ability (through strong networks) to convince clients to move existing inspection services from other TICs to BV.
Ability to get things done and get processes going when they get stuck.
Commitment to the company's Core Values, Code of Ethics and ‘3 Absolutes'.
Ability to communicate effectively with people, both verbally and in writing. Methodical, organised approach to work.
Initiative, motivation and self-drive.
Remote sites and dispersed teams.
Lack of collaborators company culture