We are currently seeking a talented Production Manager for a position based in Saskatoon, SK. Our client is a global commodity chemicals company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. The company is one of the world's leading suppliers of sodium chlorate and sodium chlorite.
- Develops clear and achievable safety, environmental, cost and productivity improvements and objectives within the Production Department.
- Manages the coordination, prioritization and scheduling of plant Production Department activities.
- Manages development of the annual Production Department budget, production targets and cost reduction goals.
- Supports and champions the development of Process Safety Management (PSM) improvement requirements within the Production Department.
- Works closely with the plant maintenance department and site leadership to ensure plant goals are met.
- Manages the activities of all site employees aligned with the Production Department. Directly supervises the Process Engineers and Production Supervisors.
- Responsible for the performance management reviews, training and development plans of direct reports.
- Champions and participates in continuous improvement initiatives and processes as identified by the Plant Manager, corporate direction and/or documented in annual performance goals.
- Ensures that production activities are completed in adherence to the Responsible Care ethic, meeting health, safety and environmental regulations and corporate standards.
- Participates in the coordination of plant shutdowns and major project installations.
- Ensures systems and reporting are in place such that product is shipped to customers in accordance with applicable regulations and follow developed procedures.
- Provides and compiles data with respect to production related activities and reports out on production based measures on a weekly/monthly and yearly basis.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum 5-10 years' experience at a production managerial level or possess equivalent knowledge and experience in production supervision or process engineering.
- Possessing an engineering degree is a strong asset.
- Experience with union related activities and negotiations is a must
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluent English (Spanish and French are assets).
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal), organizational, team development, and time management skills are required with a strong commitment to safety and environmental protection.
To apply for this opportunity, please apply online via the link below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company. TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.