We are recruiting for an experienced Risk Programme Manager to join our client's team of highly skilled professionals. Based in Swindon the role offers a salary of £65-72K with an excellent benefits package. The role is with a Rail company but they are open to candidates from related technical/engineering sectors. This role will be responsible for leading management services for high complexity programmes and project portfolios through to teams of Risk & Value Managers and Analysts. To provide specialist technical advice and analysis on risk to executives and teams at all levels.
· Provide strategic leadership and guidance in risk and value management, across a major programme or portfolio of regional programmes, together with their appropriate application to all stages of the project lifecycle
· Lead the management & facilitation of R&V processes to support the Regional / Major Programme/HQ objectives, in line with the R&V strategy, standards & governance requirements
· Actively promote a Risk Management Culture & the application of R&V Management to support delivery & operations
· Provide assurance to Regional / Route / Major Programme Directors, Head of R&V & Stakeholders on the appropriateness of the R&V processes & compliance to strategy, standards & governance requirements
· Own and manage the strategic risk process, from the register to the risk management plans, on behalf of the programme. Establish programme level reviews of risk
· Establish appropriate contingency budgets for the programme and provide robust exposure estimates so that contingency is managed in line with current exposure via structured auditable management decision making
· Promote the joint evaluation of risks with appropriate significant stakeholders such as Department for Transport, TOCs, FOCs and contractor organisations to establish a basis for risk sharing and incentives
· Drive the implementation of continuous learning for R&V within the Region / Major Programme
· Ensure sufficient R&V competency, capacity & capabilities remain available to support the delivery & assurance of R&V within the Region / Major Programmes
· Implement risk and value processes in such a way that the programme complies in a pro-active manner in compliance with corporate standards and QA procedures
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Able to lead strategic risk reviews with Programmes and Assets
· Expert in all aspects of project and business risk management facilitation
· Must have full awareness and strategic knowledge of sector risk management applications, including Active Risk Manager and Pertmaster
· Able to build risk models in a number of applications, which accurately represent the complexities of cost, schedule and business risk, and provide insightful conclusions to risk and non-risk professionals.
· Can suggest appropriate risk assessments to non specialists
· Can suggest appropriate risk management actions for identified risks
· Knowledge of risk management techniques.
· Knowledge of project management