TRS is seeking a Accounting Supervisor for a company in Desoto, TX. This is a full time Direct Hire opportunity.
- Currently the position is to supervise the accounting department, act as traffic manager, and manage payroll administration.
- Supervise accounts receivables, accounts payable, and invoicing.
- Generate and approve credit memos as needed.
- Prepare and oversee that month end close information is submitted correctly to Corporate.
- Be familiar with local sales and use tax requirements.
- Make decisions regarding the granting of credit terms to customers.
- Oversee the credit management for customers within the site’s territory.
- Reconcile site’s salesman commissions.
- Assist with tracking fixed asset changes (i.e. acquired, disposed, traded, sold)
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping, including time-keeping for employees.
- Work within and maintain company policies. Ensure disciplinary actions are taken when appropriate, and that all Company rules, policies, and procedures are followed within area of responsibility. Inform Management, including Corporate HR of any violations of Company policy.
- Credit report must be acceptable to company standards.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assure a safe work environment for all employees. Resolve any safety issues in the workplace and/or report any unsafe findings to Management.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving records satisfactory to the company or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from other company sites, seminars, customer facilities or other required travel, to engage in business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Ability to delegate and direct the work of others.
- Understand and work within the procedures set forth by SAP.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
- Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
- Prefer Associates Degree in accounting/HR or minimum of five years of experience.
- Always be businesslike and professional to fellow employees, customers, suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the company. If you decide to make complaints or criticism, avoid making statements that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, profane, threatening or intimidating, or disparaging to customers, employees or suppliers, or people who work on behalf of the company, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive comments meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or comments that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law or Company policy. Do not be insubordinate to company supervisors or managers.
Our latest jobs
Ladson, SC / Summerville, SC
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
19 February 2020
07 February 2020