We currently seek an Accounts Receivable Clerk on long-term contract position (minimum nine months, possibly over a year) within our client's team of experienced professionals. Based in the Spartanburg, SC area, you will assist the Accounting Department in vendor approval, setup, funds collection and account maintenance processes.
- Pulls D&B reports for sales and management on request.
- Using Dun & Bradstreet [D&B], researches credit worthiness of new customers and, if PAYDEX is better than a set value, assigns credit limit based on D&B report. If PAYDEX is worse than a set value, makes credit limit recommendation to controller or CFO.
- Sets up new customer accounts in ERP.
- Maintains logs of customer contacts.
- Enters credit card payments into third party credit card payment system.
- Provides customers with missing invoices and statements of account.
- Using aged receivable reports, the incumbent follows up with customers via email and phone calls to encourage customers' adherence to terms.
- If an order exceeds the customer's credit limit, or they have a past due invoice, the incumbent contacts customer to resolve the problem i.e... Arrange payment of past due or if over limit, update account for the purpose of increasing credit limit.
- Maintain Membership in industry credit group and exchange credit experience with common customers in the industry (as part of the credit investigation process as well as monitoring for any payment problems, etc.)
- If the customer cannot pay or is not willing to agree on a payment plan, incumbent works with outside collections companies to salvage receivable.
- If a customer files bankruptcy, incumbent is responsible for compiling information for the debt owed to the company filing a proof of claim with the information to the bankruptcy court, monitoring customer during the course of the term of the bankruptcy and notifying the company President, Finance and Sales of any updates.
- Incumbent is the primary back-up for accounts payable clerk but can also assist other positions as work load demands.
- Other Job Duties as required
- HS Diploma or GED Required, Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in an Accounts Receivable Role performing the duties listed above
- Experience utilizing computerized financial account management software
Background check and drug screen required. To apply for this opportunity, please contact Melissa Gould Melissa.Gould@TRSstaffing.com (864-281-or apply online via the link. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.