FUNCTION: Business Development Manager (French Speaking)
SALARY: R40 000 per month (Market Related, Basic plus Commission)
TRS is looking for a French speaking individual who has experience in Export Trading to join our Client's team in the role of Business Development Manager for the French speaking islands. We are looking for someone who has a driven personality, who can see opportunities in everything and who always gives of themselves 110%. They need to be able to work independently but also within a team structure. Must have previous sales experience in order to be considered for this role. Experience of working with the Indian Ocean Islands would be a bonus.
The position would require the candidate to travel to the Indian Ocean Islands at least once every 6 weeks and spend a period of approximately 10 days seeing customers and extending / developing the client's current business.
The Business Development Manager would be expected to be able to achieve the following:
- Achieve profit budgets which the candidate would annually set with the approval of the MD
- Seek and identify opportunities in the market
- Successfully negotiate a trade (sale) using negotiation and salesman's skills
- Maintain a high level of service to clients through relationships and relationship building
- Comply with the regulations of the various markets
- Comfortably work within the company's logistical and financial controls
Minimum experience required:
- Knowledge of exports and the logistics thereof
- Proven track record of successfully negotiating and closing deals
- Ability to speak fluent French
- Good knowledge of FMCG products
- Good mathematical understanding and an ability to read numbers / figures
- Working knowledge of INCO terms both on a buying and a selling basis
- Creative and inventive style of thinking
- An ability to show initiative in any given situation
- The maturity to handle a diverse group of customers
- Big picture orientated but with an understanding of the importance of details
The package would be market related and based on experience. It would consist of a basic salary plus a commission.
NB: Vacancies are applicable only for South African Local Citizens.
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.