FUNCTION: CSA DESIGN SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: CAPE TOWN
SALARY: R400 - R450 per hour
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“We are delighted to be working with an award winning Client who has exciting opportunities for a talented CSA Design Supervisor with EPC/EPCM experience within Oil & Gas Industry”
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct, working, and general supervision to Design Supervisors on large projects.
- Work with the Lead Engineer to effectively setup a multi-area project organization.
- Supervise and provide guidance/assistance to all project designers.
- Interface with project and client personnel.
- Effectively conduct meetings.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and perform man-hour, manpower, and material forecasts.
- Motivate designers to obtain maximum productivity.
- Maintain a cooperative, efficient, and good working environment.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Design Supervisors.
- Actively participate and promote the use of Client's Knowledge Community and other available resources.
- Evaluate Performance Appraisal and administer counseling.
- Become involved in department performance ranking.
- Provide direction and guidance on 2D and 3D CAD design.
- Provide proposal and estimate support to department.
- Assist departments in the development of procedures and standards.
- Assist with department administrative duties and other company functions outside the department.
- Assist in project and department audits.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Participate in department training programs/seminars and on-line training.
- Develop and teach technical training seminars and on-line training
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accredited two (2) year technical degree or global equivalent in technical field of study
- 25+ years Industry work-related experience within Petrochemical and Refinery Projects,
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
- Advanced AutoCAD 2D, Microstation. Experience with Intergraph SmartPlant Review would be an advantage.
Advanced knowledge of:
- 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems and procedures(AutoCAD and Microstation preferred)
Intermediate knowledge of:
- Client's design guides, piping technical practices, piping design drawings
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), update master P&ID and pipe line list
Tanya De Bruyn
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.