FUNCTION: CSA PRINCIPAL DESIGNER
LOCATION: CAPE TOWN
SALARY: R250 - R260 per hour
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“We are delighted to be working with an award winning Client who has exciting opportunities for a talented CSA Principal Designer with EPC/EPCM experience within Oil & Gas Industry”
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare layouts and conceptual designs for difficult and complex problems.
- Prepare complex design drawings.
- Interface with other design disciplines.
- Be highly proficient in 2D and 3D PDS CAD.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Perform squad check of vendor equipment drawings and drawings from other disciplines.
- Review fabricator drawings.
- Assist the Design Supervisor, as required.
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner.
- Actively participate in Client's Knowledge Community and other available resources.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Patriciate in department training programs/seminars and on-line training.
- Correction of Piping Drawings and Isometrics.
- Preparation of Piping PDS Models, Drawings, and Isometrics.
- Preparation of MTO Sketches and Line Bills.
- Development of Vessel Orientations.
- Development of Piping Layouts.
- Checking or Auditing of Piping Models, Drawings, and Isometrics.
- Resolution of Flexibility Problems Using Design Guides.
- Recognition and reporting of Problems on P&IDs.
- Development of Area and Unit Plot Plans.
- Performance of Design reviews.
- Preparation of Project Standards, Procedures, and Job Books.
- Coordination of Information and Inter-discipline reviews.
- Familiarity with piping Health and Safety standards, e.g. ASME 31.3, and National Standards e.g. SANS 347.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accredited two (2) year technical degree or global equivalent in technical field of study
- 15+ years Industry work-related experience within Petrochemical and Refinery Projects,
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
- Advanced AutoCAD 2D, Microstation. Experience with Intergraph SmartPlant Review would be an advantage.
Advanced knowledge of:
- 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems and procedures(AutoCAD and Microstation preferred)
Intermediate knowledge of:
- Client's design guides, piping technical practices, piping design drawings
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), update master P&ID and pipe line list
Tanya De Bruyn
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.