· Work with Sales and Operations to engage as well as lead business growth strategic development and implementation which can include essential hires, intelligent risk taking, present broader services, engage new markets/Clients. Provide key input to strategies for Mining & Minerals unit where necessary.
· Expand, increase and carry out Client strategies/ Market strategies in line with regional and worldwide strategies. Ensure sales and operations alignments session around a specific client / opportunity. Head the development of sales strategy, win plans, and go or no-go decision, while consulting closely with inside sales and operations throughout the process
· Align Company, Business Line, and M&M/ SC strategy with national sales team and business unit. Provide clear communication throughout all business units.
· Be on top of anticipating market changes and create strategy with VP of Operations and BD teams.
· Grow Business Development team. Mentor key sales team members (Inside and outside) in US and key people within Operations that have sales responsibility (where appropriate). Continue to develop Inside Sales guiding and verify teams are well coached, experienced, and working effectively with Outside Sales.
· Oversee Sales Staff management, training, and development including but not limited to ensuring that sales team are appropriately trained in utilizing strong business acumen to effectively make decisions, manage smart risk decisions, visiting and discussion with clients, ensure we effectively continue to engage core clients and that we deliver on promises made.
· Provide feedback and performance assessments for direct reports and ensure every member of sales team are provided formal feedback.
· Manage compensation for Sales team.
· Develop a succession plan for Sales Team.
· Responsible for developing, maintaining relationships with Clients (focusing primarily at executive levels including C - level)
· Must develop new Clients, and run primary responsibility for Client relationships and Sales strategies
· Maintain and enforce client confidentiality, procurement integrity, gatekeeper approval and Company Identity Program compliance
· Build/ head up multiple client relationships including contacts across market sectors
· Maintain lead sales functions with clients.
· Track and share client relationship documents with the sales team and operations through call reports and sales database entries.
· Lead the application of Risk Management procedures. Negotiation and completion of sales contracts with the support from Operations, Legal and contract groups.
· Engage directly in key pursuit activities for all phases. Coach sales team to improve win rates. Direct and support training with sales and operations teams.
· Collaborate with operations and various market sectors and business lines driving strategy and sales focusing on common clients and markets.
· Forecast potential projects including forecasting, margins, scheduling and timing, regional performance, value for contracts, and various other reporting.
· Head pricing strategy development & pricing review through the Outside Sales Leads and support bid and proposal estimate development.