This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Industry: Manufacturing, Steel Fabrication
Status of Hire: contract, salaried
Pay: $63k-$72k depending on experience
TRS is seeking an experienced EHS Manager for a contract opportunity in Goose Creek, SC!
To serve as the staff specialist in environmental, health and safety by developing and carrying out procedures in line with the organization that effectively control environmental compliance; accident and health exposures in the company; and to maintain zero OSHA citations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists employees and staff management to understand OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
• Investigates injuries in conjunction with employees and staff personnel.
• Notifies management staff with pertinent details.
• Maintains, posts, and reports OSHA logs for all locations.
• Develops and assists with 5S implementation and standards.
• Main POC for all worker’s compensation cases including first response, physician visits, liaison with insurance carrier, government reporting, etc.
• Drives injured employees to receive medical attention after accidents and incidents.
• Drives post-incident employees to receive drug screens.
• Develops and reports all necessary government EHS documents for the organization.
• Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
• Guides and assists plant personnel at locations with safety and health issues.
• Implements and maintains a first responder program, including ongoing training.
• Maintains certification as a First Responder and acts in that capacity as needed.
• Overviews company accident statistics and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
• Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws likely to affect the company.
• Prepares written emergency preparedness plans for the facility that incorporates OSHA and EPA requirements, and national and local fire protection codes.
• Evaluates and improves costs associated with safety equipment.
• Conducts and oversees training related to Use of Overhead Cranes, Forklifts and Mobile Equipment.
• Develop Daily and Weekly Safety Topics for dissemination to all Plant Personnel.
• Routinely updates Safety Related Metrics for the CHRO.
• Assists with corrective and preventive actions as necessary to resolve issues related to Accidents and Equipment Failure.
• Report investigation findings to the CHRO.
• Good problem-solving skills in general and in math.
• Ability to read, understand, and speak English.
• Must have working knowledge of Workman’s Compensation Practices.
• Must have working knowledge of OSHA Reporting and OSHA Log Tracking.
• First Responder certified or have the ability to become First Responder certified and must maintain that certification for the duration of employment.
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Reliable transportation available without prior notice during all working hours.
• Ability to maneuver up to 200 lbs. independently.
• Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Must be familiar with EPA, DHEC, and OSHA Compliancy regulations associated with steel fabrication, paint and blast.
• Supervisor experience preferred.
• High school diploma required and five years of related experience minimum.
Drug Screen and Background Check required prior to employment.
TRS is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate all interest in this position, however, only those applicants with resumes most closely-matched to the requirement will be contacted to discuss a potential interview.
Our latest jobs
Greenville South Carolina
$103000 - $156000
$130000 - $150000
$130000 - $155000
Ft. Meade Anne Arundel
Goose Creek South Carolina
CA$120000 - CA$135000