FUNCTION: Electrical, Quality Superintendent
SALARY: R450 - R500 per hour
“We have an exciting opportunity available for a talented Electrical, Quality Superintendent with Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Industry experience to join a exceptional project team in Durban”
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The purpose of this position is to oversee and manage the performance of all field electrical construction quality activities for assigned Electrical execution in conformance with planned handover requirements, sequence, specifications and schedules.
- This position required a working knowledge and background of Electrical work, the ability to appreciate and resolve complex situations.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Plans and performs work requiring sound Electrical construction experience, QUALITY, engineering judgement in the evaluation, organization and execution of scope.
- Applies diversified knowledge of construction QUALITY principles, practices, and methods for a range of assignments.
- Construction QUALITY Supt. will function as the ""lead"" for construction Electrical Quality support activities
- Coordinates the Quality work / pack activities of all involved cradts within the ELECTRICAL discipline during the entire construction effort for the project.
- Assumes responsibility for respective Electrical disciplines during construction phase.
- Establish Work Breakdown Structures and Quality Pack index for all Electrical Projects.
- Manage and facilitate all interfaces between Clients and Contractors.
- Manage and ensure upfront approvals for all relevant QCP's and other checklists.
- Actively interface with construction planning on the final handover sequencing and priortizing of quality packs.
- Proactively monitor and plan Client, specialist and contractor resources required for the final signing off work packs.
- Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction quality and interface activities.
- Analyze and make independent recommmedations regarding quality pack solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Work with our MCPlus coordinator to manage and control status for all Electrical QC Packs, issuing with reports.
- Evaluates project requirements and recommends methods and techniques to meet project objectives.
- Participates in constructability reviews, construction and quality meetings.
- Interprets code, standards and specifications to ensure compliance with these statues during construction.
- Performs inspections surveillance and audits of construction activitites to determine conformance with specified requirements.
- Maintains contact with home office engineering, consultants and organizations outside the company which specialized services.
- Minimum Matric requirement.
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10) years' of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to twelve (12) years' if non-degreed
SkILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Good HSE knowledge and understanding
- Skilledin contractor management
- Problem Solving
- Good leadership and decision making skills
- Planning and organizing skills (MS Projects and basic Primivera)
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and electronic presentation programs.
- Input to constructability
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SO