Job Title: Engineering Technician (Entry Level Product Engineer)
Location: Anderson, SC
Industry: automotive parts manufacturing
Status of hire: 6 month contract-to-possible-hire / contract to direct
Pay: $25/hr, some flexibility on pay rate depending on experience level
Reports to: Engineering Group Leader
· Support day to day design engineering tasks in design and product validation for plastic injection molded automotive parts
· Analyze product design issues
· Perform product functional testing
· Support multiple launch activities in progress for plastic injection molded automotive parts
· Perform parts trial support
· Perform engineering studies
· Perform statistical process control
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
· 6-12 months of relevant automotive industry and/or design internship/co-op experience required
· Prior experience in plastic part validation, parts trial and testing, and design preferred
· Exposure to Catia (CAD package) or Visview a plus
· Must be open to travel between local (in-state) facilities as needed; up to 10% travel
**Must be authorized to work in the US regardless of visa transfer or sponsorship.
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
**Local candidates only, at this time.