We are recruiting for a major Civil Engineering contractor in the Rail sector. They have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to work on a prestigious Rail new build project.
This is a contract position, 2 years +. Based in Birmingham
Rate circa £220 - £240 per day (umbrella company basis or PAYE equivalent)
Support the management of key internal and external environmental interface relationships and associated products to ensure consistency of approach and quality. Support the management of the “single source of truth” for the Phase Two Environment.
* Support the Central Environment Team's route-wide environmental assessment requirements and deliverables by supporting close working between the client Environment Teams (and in particular Area Teams) to ensure consistency of approach and quality.
* Support the collation of information to help develop, manage and monitor an integrated
environmental programme that ensures timely and efficient delivery of environmental inputs and outputs across the different interface points.
* Working closely with the Environment Interfaces Manager and other Environmental colleagues and support the coordination of responses to general internal and external enquiries to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
* Support route-wide technical stakeholder engagement (working closely with the Area and Stakeholder Teams) via various different forums to obtain information to inform the development of the route wide assessment and design and to ensure the stakeholder's environmental and sustainability requirements are understood and managed so as to minimise petition risk and to support the development of a world class railway.
* Support the management and coordination of route-wide environmental instructions to Counsel and Parliamentary Agents to support the development of, and response to, key strategic issues and ensure a clear and accessible audit trail.
* Support input into the route-wide environmental risk register.
* Support the Environment Interfaces Manager on internal and external reporting of Environmental matters.
* Ensure full audit trail of key decisions and compliant data management to enable effective petition management, efficient handling of enquiries (including FOI and EIR) and to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
* Working closely with the Environment Interfaces Manager, provide route-wide environmental input into relevant client reports and briefings to Ministers to enable robust decision making.
Knowledge, Skills and experience required:
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
* Working towards membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation is desirable.
* Experience of working on environmental assessment (EIA) on complex projects.
* Understanding of environment legislation and current best practice guidance.
* Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
* Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to engage with a range of stakeholders.
* Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems). A good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
* Experience of working under tight deadlines.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Ryan Monk on 020 7419 5800 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You shoul