We are recruiting for a number of Fibre (FTTP) Construction/Services Manager to work in the full-fibre network infrastructure. Working on a roll-out of Fibre-to-the-Premises in a strategic partnership,
These are permanent positions based in Coventry, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Aberdeen or Milton Keynes. The role offers a salary of £40-50k and excellent benefits.
Reporting to the FTTP Delivery Project Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP/Metro network deployment project within a City. The Construction Supervisor will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
- Management of multiple work streams and resources for constructing the civils network infrastructure for the successful delivery of FTTP/Metro.
- Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
- Direct management responsibility for the Construction Supervisors and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
- Manages all vendors/contractors for construction.
- Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported to the SHEQ Manager.
- Through a close working relationship with commercial, identify at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record in delivering medium multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £5M.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
- Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
- Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
- Commercial Awareness - understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections
- Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
- Proven ability to identify and action ""add on"" sale opportunities.
- Experience of CRM systems - Salesforce.
- Degree Level or 5 years + Project Management experience gained within a Civil telecoms environment.
- NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
- Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Managing Safely
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
- Civil Engineering or Fibre Optic qualifications
To apply for this opportunity please apply online via the link below or contact Andrew Johnson on 020 7419 5800 or Andrew.email@example.com
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.