For one of our clients we, the TRS Select team, are looking for a Head of Drilling Engineering. On this page you find more information about this opportunity.
Our client is one of Europe’s largest independent exploration and production companies. They have operations in the North Sea, mainland Europe, North Africa and the Asia-Pacific region. As one of Europe’s largest independent exploration and production companies, our clients is actively involved at every stage of the E&P lifecycle. They pursue exploration opportunities, develop existing assets and commercialise new discoveries. They operate fields and produce through their partners. The organization decommissions non-productive fields responsibly and sustainably.
Your job is managing the Drilling Engineering team performance and ensure the quality of the well designs, engineering programmes and deliverables are in-line with the required regulatory, corporate and engineering standards and practices to enhance well performance through the life of the fields. To take the well delivery process from the initial feasibility phase to the execution phase.
Main tasks & responsibilities
Head of Drilling Engineering is responsible to oversee the work of well engineers and support teams for delivery of the most cost effective well designs in accordance with the well integrity and QHSE goals, asset plans and subsurface objectives.
Among other things your responsibilities are:
- Deputies as required for the Drilling and Wells Manager;
- Technical Authority for well integrity. Decides if and how a well can be operated in accordance with integrity requirements. Ensures MOC/HAZID process is followed. Liaises with Well services engineers, Well Services Superintendent and production department on integrity related issues;
- Accountable for all statutory submissions in the Netherlands;
- Manager for the (senior) drilling engineers. Provides input to the competency development plans for the engineers. Responsible for the quality of work done by the engineers;
- Review well design and engineering technical programs;
- Participates or leads incident investigations (learning reviews);
- Determines long lead item requirements based on drilling schedule. Ensure capital well equipment specifications and procurement is in line with requirements from Basis of Design;
- Participates in long term planning efforts for all wells and responsible for assigning well engineering resources to deliver the plan;
- Contract Owner as applicable.
Internal and External Interfaces
He / she will be the single entry point for drilling projects for all subsurface functions and Projects and Engineering.
- Subsurface teams;
- Drilling operations;
- Service companies;
- Industry affiliations.
Required Competences / Qualifications / Experience / Profile
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in drilling and wells management position;
- BSc/Msc in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering;
- IWCF Well Control Certification;
- Operational experience with offshore wells (Jack-up);
- Leadership, ability to manage and motivate the engineering team;
Call our recruiter to learn more:
☺ Martin Bazuin
☏ 010 - 487 7501
Our latest jobs
Maputo, South Africa
Saint John, New Brunswick
35.000-43.000€gross per year