This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
TRS currently seeks an experienced Highway Construction Quality Inspector for a direct position with a global EPC company. Based in the Detroit, MI, this person will support the project team on a large infrastructure construction project.
Job Overview/ Responsibilities
· Observe and verify work is performed in accordance with the construction contract.
· Review construction contract documents, conduct field inspections to ensure methods and materials meet applicable regulations, approved plans, specifications and accepted construction and engineering practices.
· Read and interpret plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
· Ensure safety and quality protocols are being followed.
· Conduct ongoing process audits to ensure compliance with both REM procedures and client specifications.
· Prepare and perform audits / review findings and follow up on any clarifications / queries with the stakeholders.
· Review quality issues, documentation, processes and confirm compliance to REM Standards & Procedures. Identify quality improvement opportunities.
· Provide feedback to management on the quality issues & findings as needed.
· Prepare progress reports.
· Other project related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Minimum of five to seven years directly related experience with a diploma in Construction or Civil Engineering or higher.
· Quality auditor experience (ISO-9001 QMS Auditor certification considered a strong asset for this position)
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency in the various Microsoft Office application
· Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
· Quality assurance experience on major industrial construction project
· Knowledge of Provincial OH&S and environmental regulation
· Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods; working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection, safety and traffic control; considerable knowledge of public works inspection methods.
· Ability to manage relationships with client, contractors, local inspectors & code officials
· Tunnel construction experience would be an asset.
· Must have a valid driver's license and be able to provide own transportation.
Background check and drug screen required
We thank all applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please apply via the link or send your resume to John Haygood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our latest jobs
£45-54k Per annum
£40-60,000 PER YEAR
$175 - $185K/yr.
$80,000 - $90,000
$130,000/year - $150,000/year
Exectuive Level compensation package
19 February 2020
07 February 2020