BHP in partnership with Fluor as part of an Integrated Management Team has an exciting opportunity for experienced Safety Specialists to join the South Flank Project. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment, where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connect to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be part of this success to deliver a world class Pilbara iron ore project in Western Australia.
We are looking for a Hygiene Specialist to work on site on a 15/6 roster
About this role:
1) Provide advice and guidance on occupational health and hygiene related process, standards, issues, including regulatory requirements.
2) Assist with the development and execution of the IPT Health and Hygiene Management Plan which includes the project exposure risk profile, ongoing SEG monitoring program etc.
3) Ensure all contractors deliver occupational health and hygiene requirements to meet contractual, BHP and legal requirements.
4) Support all internal and external reporting obligations for health and hygiene exposures eg. Department of Health, DMIRS.
5) Coach and support the IPT to manage and verify hygiene exposure risk controls.
6) Support the undertaking of assurance and vertification activities through the Field Leadership program.
7) Ensure Project alignment to occupational hygiene improvement projects which are being delivered as part of the BHP HSE Business Plan.
Position Required Competencies & Skills:
1) High level of initiative, motivation and interest in developing strong relations to build the profile of occupational hygiene on the Project.
2) Demonstrated ability to work well within a fast paced, high performance team environment.
3) Constructive and persuasive communicator with the ability to seek and provide practical solutions, engage and build relationships through the field leadership process.
4) Strong coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to influence at a senior level.
5) Strong computer based skills with knowledge in various Microsoft programs and familiarity wit HSE data management systems.
6) Able to work independently and be self directed.
1) Tertiary qualification in Health Science or an Occupational Hygiene related field
2) Current member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists
3) Competent Surface Ventilation Officer
4) Current driver's licence
5) A minimum of 5-10 years previous experience in a similar occupational hygiene role.