Our client is an independent and international leading technology partner founded with focus on the development and implementation of projects worldwide. They are active as a Project Enabler for the development of grass root bio-based refinery complexes, producing several downstream petrochemicals from bio-ethanol and gasification processes from biomass and municipal waste. An exciting new development (gasification of waste to valuable products) in a world which needs to be more and more sustainable.
Our clients core project team is responsible for bringing together and managing necessary stakeholders to commercialize the project; technology providers, investors, financial institutes, feedstock providers, offtake (customers), engineering firms, suppliers etc. their role is to ensure proper coordination between all stakeholders, which already starts at the business idea, and develop the project further, ensure timely award of contracts for the technology licensor provider of the process design packages and further on the basic engineering packages (FEED) and establish contracts with large EPC firms for executing the project, monitor progress, implementation and integration: from feasibility to commercial operation of the complex. For their growing organization and our exciting new projects, our client is looking for a:
Lay Out Engineer
to join the team in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Gasification Island Basic Engineering layout design in 2-D and 3-D AutoCAD
- Attend multi-discipline 2-D and 3D model reviews
- Overall plant layout for ISBL and OSBL facilities, making the transition from system concept to final layout in collaboration with the Engineering Manager for the complete complex
- Prepares plot plans, arrangement drawings using 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- There will be a requirement to liaise with EPC contractor during the detail design phase to ensure ease of constructability
- Manages the layout study work from concept up to basic engineering and review layout work performed by EPC contractor.
- Develop material handling solutions
- Provide support to project in all aspects of layout design
- Ensures that the lay out development is in line with authority requirements.
- Prepares the Piping and Layout design methodologies comprehensive of all necessary data, general and specific design guidelines.
Educational and experience requirements
- Bachelor degree in a technical related field such as Mechanical Engineering;
- In-depth experience in AutoCAD;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience in a similar position in the development of layouts starting from concept.
Soft skills ans behavior
- Pro-active all-around individual;
- Team player and a natural communicator;
- Good communication skills in English (German and Dutch is an advantage)
- Act in an ethical manner;
- Able to work in multiple parallel projects.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Ciudad de México
£80 per hour
£65-75k per annum
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020