We at TRS are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Lead Pipeline Engineer for a role supporting a leading EPCM, based here in Calgary, AB.
The principal responsibilities of the Lead Pipeline Engineer consist of, but are not limited to:
- Technical guidance and supervision of team
- Cost effective design of projects
- Mentor intermediate and junior pipeline engineers and provide in-house technical expertise to other disciplines
- Planning and maintaining appropriate staffing of project with department manager
- Development and maintenance of scopes of work and associated schedules
- Schedule creation, monitoring, and maintenance including control level and higher
- Complete effort hour and material estimates
- Supporting proposal development
- Implementing corporate quality standards on projects to maintain quality and timeliness of deliverables (drawings, calculations, etc.)
- Collaboration with project management/engineering staff to achieve project objectives
- Progress reporting
- Change management
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Coordination with other disciplines and companies including construction, contractors, surveyors, fabricators, etc.
- Professional stamping of drawings and other deliverables as required
Basic Job Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the pipeline industry with a minimum of 5 years working in similar positions. Candidate's previous pipeline engineering management experience is preferred along with field pipeline construction
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related discipline with P. Eng. designation in Alberta or eligible for registration with APEGA and other provinces.
- Possess practical knowledge of industry codes and standards.
Other Job Requirements
The successful candidate will have good organizational skills and well developed problem solving skills. You must also have a proven ability to generate and foster client relationships while working in a fast paced and competitive business environment.
In addition you:
- Have strong knowledge of CSA Z662, ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8
- Knowledge of Geomatics and its application to pipeline design
- Value safety in both personal conduct and application in design
- Are detail oriented with first-class leadership and motivational skills
- Are committed to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Have excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills -
To apply for this opportunity, please apply online via the link below or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company. TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.