For one of our clients in the Food sector we are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor.
General job description
For our client we are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor. In this position you are managing a team of 17 maintenance technicians, responsible for planned and unplanned maintenance work to ensure
that the work is performed in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. You will be the main interface between production and all on-site maintenance activities.
You report to the maintenance manager and manage a team of maintenance technicians. Knowledge of specific crafts (Mechanical or Electrical) will be required as well as the ability to effectively communicate with other members of maintenance, operations, and engineering on a daily basis.
- Produce plans together with the Supervisor Work-planning that allow maintenance crafts to work safely, efficiently and right first time.
- Responsible for the daily prioritization of planned and unplanned Mechanical/Electrical work.
- Takes the lead in unplanned work, gatekeeping priorities and facilitation of troubleshooting. Communicates with operations, engineering, materials, and other maintenance personnel to solicit feedback on job plans.
- Manage the Turnarounds in terms of money, time, quality, information/communication and expectations, ensuring that the deliverables and milestones (KPI’s) are met, and managing all unexpected events that might occur during a Turnaround.
- Plan and prepare work instructions that provide direction to the Maintenance Department for corrective maintenance repairs and right first-time performance
- Implement QESH structures and systems in line with our client and Business Group (BG) and Business Unit (BU) guidelines and systems in order to meet legal obligations, guarantee the quality of processes, products and services and ensure a safe and healthy working place for employees.
- Responsible for development of best practices, shop floor improvements, operational discipline and people development like SHE, troubleshooting and craftsman skills.
- Continuous improvement of the maintenance execution work processes, standard work and (SHE)-behavior of the maintenance technicians.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a production facility in a food or process chemical environment. This means you have knowledge of maintenance work processes in a continuous manufacturing setting
- HBO Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of solid experience in a leadership role.
- Well versed in Continuous improvement methodologies (Lean) and on TPM total productive maintenance.
- Strong organisation and prioritization skills, able to work under time pressure and demonstrated ability to analyse, structure and solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and processes.
- Ability to lead improvements in a multidisciplinary and structured way.
- Are a strong leader and know how to motivate people using both informal as well as more formal leadership skills.
- Lead by example improving safety standards and related behavior in your daily work; SHE awareness is a must.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the Dutch language (both written and verbally).
- Further key competences are: sound judgment, responsibility, decision making, teamwork, flexible, stress resistant, able to motivate and excel others.
Are you the driven Maintenance Supervisor we are looking for? Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you curious about this job? We are happy to meet you! Please contact Jan Symen Hoekstra via +31 (0)23 543 31 31 for more information or send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our latest jobs
Kinsale, Co Cork
Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Depending on experience level