FUNCTION: MECHANICAL DIRECTOR
LOCATION: CAPE TOWN
SALARY: R900 - R1000 PER HOUR
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“We are delighted to be working with an award winning Client who has exciting opportunities for a talented Mechanical Director with EPC/EPCM experience within Oil & Gas Industry”
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Under administrative direction, perform manpower planning and forecasting for engineers/architects. Determine engineering/architectural staffing needs for projects based on input from Lead Engineers.
- Assign engineers/architects to projects to meet project needs.
- Recruit and train of entry-level engineers/architects.
- Interview and hire of new engineers/architects.
- Prepare performance appraisals for engineers/architects
- Direct and oversee audits.
- Become involved in salary administration activities.
- Assist with audits and peer reviews of project materials, performance of tasks by a miscellaneous project department functional leader and the Operation Center, preparation of budgets, direction of computer development activities, as well as provision of support for proposals.
- Actively participate in, promote, and maximize the use of, Client's Knowledge Community and other available resources.
- Support the Discipline Excellence Leader on assignments, as required.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Understand the administration of other disciplines
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/BTech in Mechanical Engineering Degreed & Registration with ECSA as Pr. Eng / Pr. Tech Eng
- 20+ years of work-related EPC / EPCM experience within Oil & Gas Industry.
- Adaptability. Able to perform under perform under pressure. Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, on multiple projects simultaneously. Self-motivated. Ability to work to high standards and be quality orientated. Good planning skills.
- Knowledge of computer based design software (PVElite/Compress). AutoCAD knowledge would be an advantage. Knowledge of office software packages (Word, Excel, etc.) Extensive knowledge of pressure vessel, heat exchanger and tank design codes (ASME, PD 5500, TEMA, BS EN 14015, API 650, API 579, etc.)
- Customer focus. Integrity. Self-disciplined. Effective communication skills. Effective decision-making skills. Stress tolerance. Willingness to develop junior engineers.
Tanya De Bruyn
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.