FUNCTION: MECHANICAL LEAD
LOCATION: CAPE TOWN
SALARY: R800 - R900 PER HOUR
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“We are delighted to be working with an award winning Client who has exciting opportunities for a talented Mechanical Lead with EPC/EPCM experience within Oil & Gas Industry”
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform and check calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual design techniques.
- Serve as lead on assigned projects or complex engineering assignments.
- Perform, as required, the following: organize/plan jobs, support proposal and estimate activities, write/review specifications including design criteria, prepare/maintain schedules, develop/monitor estimates and manpower forecasts, assign work, work with project/client/field, material procurement, permit, and subcontract activities.
- Serve as Supervising Lead, providing guidance/supervision to other leads and functions as mentor to less experienced engineers.
- Prepare and perform to estimates, schedules, man-hour, manpower, and material forecasts.
- Direct and oversee audits.
- Conduct technical seminars.
- Assist, as requested, in the development of department standards and procedures.
- Assist with departmental administrative duties or with other company functions outside the department.
- Actively participate in, promote, and maximize the use of, Client's Knowledge Community and other available resources.
- Support the Discipline Excellence Leader on assignments, as required
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Administer performance appraisal input and counseling.
- Actively participate in external technical seminars and self-enroll in advance management training courses
- Develop and build client relations. Provide closer interface with, and promote the understanding of, other discipline functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/BTech in Mechanical Engineering Degreed & Registration with ECSA as Pr. Eng / Pr. Tech Eng
- 16+ years of work-related EPC / EPCM experience within Oil & Gas Industry.
- Adaptability. Able to perform under perform under pressure. Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, on multiple projects simultaneously. Self-motivated. Ability to work to high standards and be quality orientated. Good planning skills.
- Knowledge of computer based design software (PVElite/Compress). AutoCAD knowledge would be an advantage. Knowledge of office software packages (Word, Excel, etc.) Extensive knowledge of pressure vessel, heat exchanger and tank design codes (ASME, PD 5500, TEMA, BS EN 14015, API 650, API 579, etc.)
- Customer focus. Integrity. Self-disciplined. Effective communication skills. Effective decision-making skills. Stress tolerance. Willingness to develop junior engineers.
Tanya De Bruyn
+2731 207 5145
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.