TRS is seeking an experienced Operations Supervisor for a direct hire position within our client’s growing team of professionals in the Chesnee, SC area. The main task of this role is to supervise, coordinate, and control the safe and efficient operation of the assigned work area in order to facilitate optimal production through the understanding of customer needs and development of subordinate employees. This is a safety sensitive position requiring continuous awareness, familiarity with chemicals and an understanding of PPE requirements and the ability to adhere to the protocols required. The job requires work outside regardless of weather conditions. The shifts are 12 hours and overtime is sometimes required. The job requires walking over a large area with multiple steps and ladders that have to be traversed.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Location: Mooresboro, NC 28114
Schedule: rotating days/nights
Status of hire: full-time, direct hire, salaried plus bonus
Direct Reports: Operators, Senior Operator, Control Room Operator, Lead Operator
Industrial manufacturing; metals / metal reclamation facility Thursday to Wednesday - 12 hour days for 7 days, off for 7 days, 12 hour nights for 7 days, off for 7 days
• Assign, supervise, and review the work of crew for designated work area
• Implement production plans according to approved schedule
• Inspect and evaluate work progress, identify problems, and direct remedial action
• Conduct performance evaluations on crew members
• Prioritize staff, materials, and equipment to accomplish daily task
• Ensures that operational PM’s are completed per schedule
• Coordinate with maintenance to complete work request
• Train employees on process and safety procedures and maintain safety data for crew
• Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and as needed respirator, protective clothing and gloves
• Ability to climb ladders and stairs multiple times per shift.
• Perform other duties as required
• High school diploma or GED equivalent and five years’ experience as a team lead or supervisor in an industrial (metals, chemicals, oil, gas, etc.) processing/manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques.
• Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding equipment, methods, process, and procedures.
• Skilled in following safety and environmental practices and recognizing hazards.
• Skilled in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
**Must be authorized to work in the US regardless of visa transfer or sponsorship.
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and background check to be eligible for hire.
**Local candidates preferred though some relocation assistance is available for candidates meeting all requirements.
(salaried, does not pay overtime, however, if asked to come in on a day when you aren't scheduled to work you receive a $320.00 bonus for coming in)
Our latest jobs
$17 - $19/hr
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Spartanburg, South Carolina