Job Title: Press Brake Operator
Location: Jetpark, Gauteng
Salary: Market related
Contract/ Perm: Perm
POSITION: Laser Cutter Operator, CNC Press Brake Operator and Sheet Metal Welder
REPORTS TO: Laser and Press Brake Programmer - Operator
The CNC Press Brake Operator and Sheet Metal Welder is responsible for the daily set up and operation of CNC controlled Press Brake and Mig Welding machine with some assistance provided when required. The employee will also be responsible for the movement of material i.e. steel plates, laser cut items, items that have been formed in the press, scrap metal and welded items through the various workstations in the Sheet Metal Department. He/she may be required to assist other operators as a helper if required. This is a cross functional position with the Fabrication Department.
• Understand and execute orders given by Laser and Press Brake Programmer – Operator and other Factory Management.
• Setup and operate equipment in the work area for routine established work according to predetermined factory standards.
• Load, install and correctly set up all the tools required with some assistance from supervisor. Setup includes but is not limited to:
o Finding proper tooling per set up.
o Check heights of tooling and adjust.
o Set up and adjust material.
o Locate and upload proper program from machine control.
o Ensure optimal laser cutting conditions.
o Ensure optimal bending conditions.
o Ensure optimal welding conditions.
o Provide immediate feedback to supervisor on jobs not meeting setup and/or production standards.
• Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
• Safely operate a forklift, electric chain hoist and a battery powered material stacker.
• Account for time and work completed via a computerised data collection system.
• Perform visual; and dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications.
• Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
• Report basic material, production and quality control issues.
• Assist to maintain Laser Cutter, CNC Press Brake, welder and other equipment in the work area and report any maintenance issues.
• Actively participate in all aspects of Production when and where this may be required.
• Ensure Factory Safety Standards are maintained.
• Technical capacity
• Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to odour, noise, heat, cold, dust, fumes, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb throughout the day.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 30kg mass.
• Specific vison capabilities include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must wear factory issued Personal Protection Equipment as issued by factory management.
Expected hours of work:
Burquip Factory works from 07h30 to 16h30 from Monday to Thursdays. Tea time 10h00 to 10h15, 15h00 to 15h15. Lunch time 13h00 to 13h30. Friday work from 07h30 to 13h30, tea time 10h00 to 10h15. The employee will be expected to work overtime if required.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Must have a strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
• Minimum one year experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
• Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measuring equipment.
• Basic ability to read and understand standard drawings.
• Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
• Good verbal communication in English.
• Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
• Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
• Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
• Understand and support Company policies and procedures.
• Safety conscious behavior.
• Excellent attendance.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
R50 000 – R56 000 Per Month
75,000 - 85,000