The South Flank Project is being executed by a fully Integrated Project Team (IPT), jointly established by BHP and Fluor, consisting of employees from both organisations as well as other contracting organisations as applicable. The BHP Charter Values will underpin the success of the IPT and South Flank Project, creating a culture which promotes trust, team engagement and productivity.
We are looking for a Principal Cost Engineer to be based on site on a 15/6 days roster.
Responsible for performing highly complex Cost Control activities for schedule of rates construction contracts >$300m. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Performs cost control activities for large value contracts (Bulk Earthworks, OHP, etc).
Prepares value of work done forecasts.
Prepares forecast final cost forecasts.
Explains budget variances and prepares management cost reports.
Evaluates contract variation cost as proposed by construction contractors.
Interfaces with construction contractor staff during contract execution period.
Analyzes and reports status of Specified Growth and Contingencies for respective construction contracts.
Supports value improvement efforts as required.
Maintains budget, commitment, cost incurred, and forecast final cost data in overall project cost system.
Supports development of historical cost and quantity data for collation at project close out.
Other duties as assigned
Position required competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of Major Projects and functional interfaces in a matrix organization
- Ability to dissect out and filter relevant information
- Ability to liaise with senior management
- Ability to work to and meet reporting deadlines
- Familiarity with Project Services processes regarding cost, schedule and project controls
- Cost Engineering background and systems knowledge