FUNCTION: PRODUCTION MANAGER
LOCATION: PINETOWN, KZN
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“We looking for an experienced Production Manager with 10+ years working experience for our Client based in Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal”
- Direct and oversee the management of Production Supervisor's activities on all.
- Enforce strict discipline necessary to ensure daily operational activities.
- Key understanding and appreciation of Lean Six, Sigma operating principles.
- Plans, coordinates and controls production related activities on site.
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Manage the movement and accuracy of all materials.
- Co-develops and executes plans.
- Work with the technical R&D team to enable new production initiatives and the optimization of existing products to reduce wasteful operational delays.
- Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- BSc / BTech / NDip Chemical or Industrial Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum 10+ years' work experience in similar production managerial role.
- Ability to identify, scope define and implement significant continuous improvement projects.
- Prior experience overseeing a paint, gelcoat, varnish or similar chemical processing plant (Advantage).
- Prior experience of modernizing an old plant to incorporate latest automation technologies including PLC, SCADA.
- Ability to manage complex interdependent batch processes.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.