This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
DISCIPLINE: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
DURATION: CONTRACT / PERMANENT
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE TO LOCAL SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONALS
“TRS is looking for experienced degreed Project Managers with extensive renewable energy Industry experience for upcoming projects within the next six (6) months. “
• The Project Manager oversees the development, contracting, construction, and monitoring of a variety of renewable energy projects, and will develop innovative solutions to overcome renewable energy barriers.
• Support Business Development during all phases of the assessment of the opportunity (due diligence, feasibility study, investment memorandum, budgets, etc.).
• Ensure that assigned projects are carried out in compliance with EGP RSA objectives of safety, time, cost and quality.
• Manage multination and multicultural, project team and coordinate/attend project meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support development of and manage of the major supply and construction contracts from the tender preparation to the completion of the agreement.
• Produce, revise, monitor and assess the project schedule/progress during all of the project phases (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning).
• Support the Procurement Department during all phases of the procurement process (e.g., scouting, RFPs, proposal evaluation, contract negotiations, claims).
• Produce weekly/month project progress reports for senior management.
• Monitor and Assess the Project Budgets.
• Support the Engineering and Construction Department for all phase of the project (scope of work review, drawing review, QA&QC, etc.).
• Participate and collaborate with corporate project team as assigned.
• Promote the Safety Policy and behavior.
• Ensure that the EGP RSA Policies and Procedures are followed and complied with.
• Frequent travel to project site.
• Strong Knowledge of Construction & Supply Agreements (e.g. FIDIC).
• Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams.
• Strong capability in conflict resolution.
• Aptitude to switch to different technologies (wind, solar, geo, hydro and biomass).
• Excellent stress management and multicultural work environment management.
• Ability to adjust the working hour in case of peak periods.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• PMI Certification
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years Engineering and Construction experience in Power Generation (Large Scale), Renewable Energy, or Large Industrial Engineering and Construction facilities.
• Advanced Knowledge MS Office, Outlook, Excel, MS Project and SAP.
• Ability to accept temporary construction management assignments.
• Regular driver’s license required.
• Ability/flexibility to travel for short- and long-term periods both domestically and internationally.
Tanya De Bruyn
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Johannesburg South Africa
₹400000 - ₹600000
Mexico Distrito Federal
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Ciudad de México
₹300000 - ₹400000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
20 November 2020