We currently seek a number of Senior Protection Engineering specialists to work on a contract basis in Kazakhstan. This contract role will run through until the end of 2021 and will be working on a 28x28 rotational basis.
The Senior Protection Engineering specialists are required to demonstrate the following skills:
- Must have 10-15 years of protection engineering experience with a preference of knowledge of project specified relays - SEL.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of all protection schemes including design and implementation, including settings.
- Working understanding of outage / switching planning
- Ideally have full cycle protection experience including hands on commissioning planning and testing to provide guidance and input to engineering, construction, commissioning and operations.
- Experience with test injection equipment and methods of testing
Ability to liaise with Base Operations and Systems Completions personnel and will be able to convey the integrity of planned works.
- Provide engineering design input and validation that the protection and control schemes are functional
and to identify any deficiencies
- Interrogate protection and control designs for Power Distribution Networks
- Brownfield/existing facility works including reviewing cutover designs of existing facility systems
- Verify integrity of protection setting calculations and logic files prepared by third parties e.g. SEL
- Attend FAT/SAT testing of protection schemes
- Support preparation of detailed test plans to prove protections settings and schemes
- Provide advice on Vendor test plans
- Evaluate cutover procedures and switching for on site implementation
- Including consideration of ensuring existing systems retain functionality .
- Provide testing guidance to vendors and review of ITPs and test procedures
- Support development of commissioning plans/procedures and supporting development of cutover plans for FGP and Base Operations
- Make recommendations of any additions to Company ITPs required for the works
- Potential development of specific test work instructions
- Frequent travel to supporting countries for the purposes of:
- Engineering design reviews
- Facility inspections
- Operation interface
- Evaluation of as-built protection documentation
- Vendor testing.
Please click the link below or contact Jon Miles at TRS London to apply for this Protection Engineer vacancy.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.