We are currently seeking a skilled Safety Specialist to join our clients' team of talented professionals. This is a CONTRACT position based in Somerset, NJ. Local candidates only, no Per Diem.
Ready to take your safety experience to the next level to work on complex safety challenges in environmental remediation that will have a huge impact on the local communities surrounding the project you are working on? Our client is now hiring a Safety Specialist with 3 to 5 years of experience for their expanding team. Our clients' extensive experience in this field, combined with your emerging knowledge of safety policy and procedures, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance.
We need the Safety Specialist to be versatile, experienced in leading teams and have exceptional communication/analytical skills. In this role, under the general direction of the Safety Manager (or Senior Safety Specialist on larger job sites), you will ensure that the safety plan reflects corporate policy and complies with the safety requirements for our clients. On projects where there is no Senior Safety Specialist, you may assist senior construction site representative in the establishment and implementation of a job safety program.
- Administers job safety program; audits and inspects job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
- Monitors the safety performance of all remediation/construction operations in assigned job site areas with respect to one or more elements of ESHARP Management and the clients Construction Safety & Health Manual.
- Performs accidents record analysis, and issues reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
- If certified in first aide and on small projects, may function as the first aid attendant, and/or may supervise first aid personnel in providing first aid care of occupationally injured or ill personnel.
- Conducts new hire safety orientation, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Christine Garcia at email@example.com, 949-349-4220.
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must be a United States Citizen to qualify for this opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.