Assemble and prepare estimates from either completed or partial documents in the discipline each estimator is responsible.
- Assist in sizing equipment and systems per Basis of Design (BOD).
- Prepare quantity take-offs and proposal documents using digital estimating
- Finalize accurate estimates and informational folders in a timely fashion.
- Develop integration of estimating for Plumbing, Sheetmetal, and Hydronics.
- Manage appropriate time for Quality Control / Quality Assurance (QA/QC) checks
- Delegate and supervise production of Estimators and Jr. Estimators, perform
- Review estimates and make recommendations for final pricing to Bid Leaders.
- Present estimates in post bid interview meetings and be able to converse with
potential customers the qualities of our proposals.
- Perform Value Engineering (VE) and cost payback analyses.
- Maintain relationships with the equipment, material and subcontracting
- Advise our vendors of upcoming bids for them to quote.
- Obtain analyze and equipment and subcontractor quotes for estimates.
- Prepare design/build and conceptual budgets.
- Read and lead compliance with Request for Proposals (RFP) and Bid Forms.
- Maintain contact with clients to collect upcoming project opportunities.
- Follow-up with clients on proposal and bid results.
- Maintain a historical record of project costs, scope and benchmark pricing indices.
- Update digital data base information and manage software updates.
- Participate in Pre-Bid and Job walks
- Maintain current knowledge of codes and ordinances.
- Continue to stay educated on new and emerging technologies and design concepts.
- Mentor and train Estimators and Jr. Estimators
- Integrate our Purchasing department into the Estimating process
- Support Project Managers
- 5 years in relevant field estimating or installing.
- Journeyman tradesman is a plus.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Gary Paronish at email@example.com.
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.