Position: Piping Design Supervisor
Location: Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
Contract: Direct contract at the client
We currently seek a high calibre Sr. Piping Design Supervisor to work on a permanent basis. Based in Hoofddorp, you will be working for one of the world's leading engineering, procurement & construction companies to the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical sector.
Scope of activities
As Piping Design Supervisor, you provide direct supervision and guidance to the project piping designers in developing the piping design, where you prepare studies of complex designs, (unit) plot plans, but also keep track of the schedule and man hours. You are the main communication focal point to other design disciplines, but also for the client and other external parties when it comes to piping design. The Piping Lead Engineers relies on your knowledge and leadership skills to ensure that the design is finished on time and with the required high level of quality.
- Demonstrate and maintain effective Client relationships, as the clients representor.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, maintain effective relations with other disciplines and provide guidance/assistance to all project piping designers.
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner, using email, letters, minutes of meeting and/or reports.
- Prepare man-hour and material estimates, and monthly budget reports for all piping design efforts.
- Development of Overall and/or Unit plot plan.
- Prepare studies of complex piping designs using 3D design systems, such as SmartPlant 3D and PDS.
- Motivate assigned designers, to obtain maximum productivity with required quality.
- Evaluate Performance Appraisal of assigned personnel and administer counseling.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
- Approximately 15-20 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Front End (FEED and detailed design project (EPC) execution.
- Construction experience is a preference.
- Proficiency in English, additional German is a preference
Luminita van Swaaij - Davidescu
+31 (0) 23 543 31 31