Supervisor NPI - Civil
The South Flank Project is being executed by a fully Integrated Project Team (IPT), jointly established by BHP and Fluor, consisting of employees from both organisations as well as other contracting organisations as applicable. The BHP Charter Values will underpin the success of the IPT and South Flank Project, creating a culture which promotes trust, team engagement and productivity.
The project has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor NPI - CIVIL, to join the project team on site, on a 15/6 day roster.
Provides on-site leadership and direction for the delivery of the NPI infrastructure construction package in order to deliver against scope, schedule, quality and budget.
Reporting to the NPI Superintendent you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of the contractors daily works, including quality inspection, daily progress reporting and field leadership activities.
- Input/ review to construction planning and progress claims.
- Assist in interactions with mine operations and other contractors.
- Ensure all site systems, processes, procedures and safe work practices are utilised by all personnel.
- Provide leadership and promote the safety culture and ownership in accordance with the HSE management system.
Position required competencies and skills:
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Solid and validated experience working in a Civil Supervisor position.
- Industry experience focusing on earthworks, concrete and underground services on major civil projects.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and planning major civil projects
- Experience in a similar position based in the Pilbara
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Strong written skills and competency with Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel etc.)
- Professional presentation and ability to represent the project at a high standard when interfacing with stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety implementation and activities.
- Ability to make decisions based on identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities.
- Ability to delegate and take responsibility to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently and maximises project and individuals' effectiveness.
- Knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture inside the project to have the ability to identify the potential problems and opportunities.
Position desired experience, competencies and qualifications:
5 years experience as a supervisor on major civil projects.
**TRS Labour Hire values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. **