Provides on-site leadership and direction for the construction of Structural, Mechanical and Piping (SMP) services for the mining non-process infrastructure (NPI) facilities in order to deliver against scope, schedule, quality and budget.
Reporting to the NPI Superintendent you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of the contractors daily works, including quality inspection, daily progress reporting and HSE field leadership activities.
- Ensuring efficient execution of construction activities, identifying and correcting deficiencies.
- Input/ review to construction planning and progress claims.
- Assist in interactions with mine operations and other contractors.
- Ensure all site systems, processes, procedures and safe work practices are utilised by all personnel.
- Provide leadership and promote the safety culture and ownership in accordance with the HSE management system.
Position required competencies and skills:
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Solid and validated experience working in a SMP supervisor position.
- Industry experience focusing on major infrastructure projects.
- Experience in a similar position based in the Pilbara.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Strong written skills and competency with Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel etc.)
- Professional presentation and ability to represent the project at a high standard when interfacing with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety implementation and activities.
- Ability to make decisions based on identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities.
- Ability to delegate and take responsibility to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently and maximises project and individuals' effectiveness.
- Knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture inside the project to have the ability to identify the potential problems and opportunities.
Position required qualifications:
Qualifications / Experience
- Appropriate technical qualifications and experience as described above.
- More than 10 years' experience of SMP construction supervision.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with construction on mine sites