Gauteng South Africa
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Location: Johannesburg x 1 and Cape Town x 1
Contract/ Perm: Perm
Must have engineering marketing and underwriting experience.
Must have experience in the following tasks:
• Marketing experience
o Develop new brokers and market presence
o Provide brokers with service of excellence (technical & business support)
o Build relationships with brokers
• Underwriting experience
o risk analysis of new business.
o underwriting new business
o consider treaty requirements
o negotiating terms with broker
o calculate MPL
o arrange facultative reinsurance where necessary
o Requesting, implementing and monitoring of surveys
o SASRIA rating
• Extending existing single project policies
o Analyse Claims
o Consider treaty limitations
o Calculate terms to extend cover
o Analyse Claims
• Renewal of Business.
o Negotiate renewals with Brokers
o Fac Reinsurance renewal if applicable.
• Reinsurance Broker
o Experienced in placing facultative reinsurance
o Liaison / negotiation with reinsurers on Facultative business and obtaining quotations and placement of Reinsurance.
o Provide fac in support
• Assist with Credit Control.
• Assist colleagues with technical queries
• Requesting, implementing and monitoring of surveys.
• Develop and arranging specialized covers and risks.
• Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
• Develop, implement and monitor administration processes to ensure efficient policy administration.
• Provide assistance to HR with new appointments and interviews.
• A Civil Engineering degree an advantage.
• Must have insurance background.
• Must be fully FAIS compliant with the required RE certificate.
• Excellent marketing skills are beneficial.
• Must be technically proficient.
• Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
• Make a sound assessment of each individual risk in order to provide a quote that is both market and risk related.
• Must obtain enough information to determine whether the client is insurable and have a detailed knowledge of their business.
• Must have attention to detail.
• Smoothly managing your division on a day to day basis.
• Respond to queries and resolve them satisfactorily within scope of authority.
• Screening and distribution of incoming mail.
• General administration skills
o which entails following up on quotations and renewals,
o checking that policies are processed and
o sent out and corresponding with brokers.
• Ensure accuracy of outgoing documentation is up to company standards.
• Liaising with and assisting the Global Accounts and RI departments at Head Office with queries on all Global Accounts and re-insurance placements.
• Facilitate and assist with queries from Underwriting, Claims, Marketing and accounts departments.
• Must be client focused and very service orientated.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Must have good negotiation skills including initiative.
• Must be a team player.
• Must have a drivers’ licence and own car.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
• Underwriting experience (This is NOT a underwriter position)
• Work is driven by an internal system and requires an analytical mind.
• Must be hardworking and prepared to go the extra mile.
• Looking for an achiever.
• Product knowledge and knowledge of wordings is a must. Candidate must be able to produce a quote.
• Be well experienced in the following classes of insurance:
o Erection All Risk (EAR)
o Construction All Risks (CAR)
o Construction Industry Public Liability (CIPL)
o Dismantling Transit Erection
o Plant All Risks (Contractors Plant and Equipment)
o Public Liability Plant All Risks
o Machinery Breakdown (MB)
Business Interruption (MB / BI)
Deterioration of Stock (DOS)
o Electronic Equipment (EE)
o Works Damage
Relevant market experience of minimum 5 years is a requirement. Candidates applying for this position need to be disciplined, presentable, self-motivated and possess strong time management skills. The right person must have a positive outlook, be optimistic and should have a need to be successful in developing a sustainable book of engineering insurance business.
This person will not issue policies and make amendments to policies on the system – as that is the function of a processor/data capture.
Salary negotiable, determined by candidates experience and value they will add to the company.
There is no age, gender or race requirements.
"You must be able to attend a local interview to be considered for this role"
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
$70000 - $75000
Pueblo, CO United states
$110000 - $130000
$39520 - $41600
Anderson South Carolina
$110000 - $150000
San Leandro California
CIUDAD DE MEXICO
Ciudad de México
25 February 2021
09 February 2021