This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Currently, TRS is looking for a Hotel Manager for a leading client in Africa.
Our client would like to recruit a Hotel Manager who could assist the owner with the commissioning of the establishment and the selection and recruitment of hotel staff.
- We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. He will plan and supervise the activities of the workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
- It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. He will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
- The hotel manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation.
- The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening the hotel’s reputation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies,
event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven of a minimum five years experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in French and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and
- Working knowledge of MS Office and hotel management software (PMS).
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
Interested? Please contact Manuel Caluen at email@example.com or via the link below.