We are currently looking for a HV/MV Electrical Engineer for a role that we have in the Waterford area. Role would see the successful candidate working with the estimating department to provide detailed engineering perspectives on detailed tenders.
• Design of HV & MV protection and control systems
• Development and review of schematic drawings and single line diagrams
• Developing HV/MV system studies including protection coordination, arc flash, voltage regulation, load flow and fault level reports
• Direct contact with client as Company representative
• Complying with specific project safety requirements
• Detailed design covering all aspects of high and medium voltage equipment
• Detailed design of secondary control and protection systems
• Specification, selection and procurement of the range of equipment
• Preparation and interpretation of technical specifications and enquiry documentation
• Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
• Prepare method statements and risk assessments
• Carry out document control, recording and transmitting information
• Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
• Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management and the planning
• Prepare programs using MS project
• Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
• Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
• Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
• Generate specifications for parts.
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
• An honours degree in electrical engineering.
• 5+ years medium voltage and high voltage experience within the Irish market
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Packages.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
$75,000 to $95,000
70,000 - 80,000 GBP
70,000 - 80,000 GBP
100,000 - 120,000
03 June 2020