Aerospace developer is seeking a Business Development Manager for a perm role to be based in Washington, DC.
The BDM will be primarily servicing our current Department of Defense customers and will be tasked with bringing in new DoD customers. In this role, the BD Manager will be an outward facing individual contributor managing the book of business. The focus will be to participate in business development for the pursuit and capture of government contracting opportunities for aerospace and aerospace engineering services efforts within the Aerospace Sector. As an individual producer, the BD Manager will report to the Director of Sales.
- Partner with the leadership team to create scope, mission and strategy for the defense campaigns
- Leads the analysis for defense department campaigns
- Responsible for initiating and developing defense campaigns
- Responsible for initiating and lobbying all relevant decision makers for developing defense campaigns
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
- 5 to 10 years of business development and sales experience in the aerospace industry with at least half of that in the defense sector in the US
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship (per ITAR regulations)
- Established network in the Defense & Aerospace industry
- Ability to anticipate future trends based on market data