This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The Business development manager will be primarily servicing our current Department of Defense customers and will be tasked with bringing in new DoD customers. In this role, the BD Manager will be an outward facing individual contributor managing the Client DoD book of business. The focus will be to participate in business development for the pursuit and capture of government contracting opportunities for aerospace and aerospace engineering services efforts within the Aerospace Sector. As an individual producer, the BD Manager will report to the Director of Sales. In addition to reporting to the Greenbelt office, this role will have frequent in-person collaborations with the Client offices in Webster, TX near the Johnson Space Center.
With Client’ objective to significantly grow the business with the DoD, the role is to lead, initiate and capture strategic aerospace business for defense programs in order to create solid opportunities to do business. In this role you will be in charge of positioning Client to better understand the competitive position of the business, the identification of market opportunities and challenges that could influence the business and profitability leading up to RFPs.
• Partner with the leadership team to create scope, mission and strategy for the defense campaigns
• Leads the analysis for defense department campaigns
• Responsible for initiating and developing defense campaigns
• Responsible for initiating and lobbying all relevant decision makers for developing defense campaigns
• Bachelor Degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
• 5 to 10 years of business development and sales experience in the aerospace industry with at least half of that in the defense sector in the US
• Strong interpersonal skills
• U.S. Citizenship (per ITAR regulations)
• Established network in the Defense & Aerospace industry
• Ability to anticipate future trends based on market data
TRS Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals of all backgrounds, with different skills and personalities to bring new ideas and creativity to our teams.
For more information or to apply, please contact Stephanie Warneke at Stephanie.Warneke@TRSStaffing.com.
Our latest jobs
CA$120000 - CA$150000
Vancouver British Columbia
$55000 - $70000
CA$70000 - CA$90000
Hollywood South Carolina
Ciudad de México Mexico
Mount Pleasant South Carolina