They are currently looking for a Civil Engineer/Land Surveyor to join their team working on the civil aspects of electrical substations and battery storage projects.
• Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil sub¬contractors
• Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil sub¬contractor
• Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
• Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works
• Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
• Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages
• In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil sub¬contractor
• Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
• Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner
• Liaise with the civil sub¬contractor as required on variations and associated design / re¬design works
• Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation
• Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
• Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
• Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals.
• 3rd level qualification in Civil Engineering coupled with 3+ years engineering design/project management experience
• Experience in Civil Engineering design for substation or electrical power installations to the relevant design codes / standards and statutory information to ROI / NI / UK / EU jurisdictions.
• A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
• An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team
• Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
• Experienced and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD.
• Commercial Awareness
• Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
• The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
• Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
• Excellent record keeper and administration skills
• Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
£35000 - £40000
Vancouver British Columbia
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
Mexico DF Distrito Federal