Responsible for maintenance & repair of complex automotive manufacturing machinery & support equipment.
Includes diagnosis, troubleshooting & repairs of breakdowns - as well as preventative & predictive measures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Proficient in diagnosing & correcting problems with automated PLC controlled machinery
2. Experienced with VFD monitoring, troubleshooting & repair/replacement
3. Proficient in performing component repairs, as well as Preventative / Predictive Maintenance inspections
4. Proficient with installation of new sensors & electrical components in a neat & workmanlike manner, in accordance with NEC code and applicable Engineering drawings/standards
5. Update equipment documentation, such as Red-Line Electrical drawings, backup PLC programs, CNC programs, and enter notes/history in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), etc.
6. Record complete and accurate repair history into the CMMS software (MP2) for all work order repairs
7. Provide daily feedback to Planning on improvements to the PM and Spare Parts/BOM Programs
8. Possess the desire and aptitude to continuously learn – to stay current with the latest technologies
9. Ability to be self-motivated and work independently, as well as within a team environment
10. Ability to work any shift, OT and/or flexible hours in a fast-paced industrial work environment
11. Possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm - with focus on customer service
12. Proficient in failure analysis techniques in the field, such as 5-Why, for Reliability Centered Maintenance
13. Ability to follow strict safety procedures including LOTO
14. Responsible for having an awareness & understanding of IFA’s commitment to ISO 14001 Quality Program
1. Familiar with CNC Machining, Induction Hardening, and/or Broach Machines.
2. Familiar with basic (Fanuc) Robotic Machines
3. Proactively navigate MP2 (CMMS) computer system, review open work order backlog and to make self-directed equipment inspections / repairs
4. Familiar with and practice 5S philosophies
1. High School Diploma, or GED
1. 3+ years’ Industrial experience troubleshooting and debugging PLC control systems - or -
2. 4-6 years Military experience Maintenance & Repair of Instrument & Controls system components
3. Experience with connecting various communication protocols, such as Ethernet, Serial, etc.
4. Knowledge of NEC codes and standards
1. Proficient in navigating and understanding PLC logic
2. Strong analytical and problem solving ability
3. Ability to troubleshoot & repair electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic system components
4. Ability to read, interpret & understand electrical drawing and equipment manuals
5. Proficiency working with hydraulic/pneumatic controls components, servo motors/drives, and common industrial components such as proximity probes, photo-eyes, laser/distance measuring devices, analog signal devices, etc.
6. Proficient with Windows-based hardware/software such as PC’s, HMIs, networking, communications, Word, Excel & Outlook (E-mail)
7. Proficient in the use of various electrical measurement tools in connection with job duties
Desired – Education/Experience/Skills:
1. Working knowledge of Siemens drive and PLC software
2. Associate Degree in Applied Science – Mechatronics, Programming, Industrial Electronics Technology - or - Similar related Industrial fields of study (preferred)
3. Possess good oral and written communication skills - including communicating electronically via E-mail & Computerized Maintenance Management System (MP2)
4. Ability to use small hand tools for performing basic Mechanical tasks Working knowledge of Siemens S7, 611U and 840D systems
5. Ability to read and speak German are preferred but not required
6. Ability to read European schematics
1. Must be able to:
a. Walk/move about a 500,000 sq-ft manufacturing facility: 100% of the time
b. Stand/walk/move about specific work area: 75% of the time
c. Bend/reach/twist/stoop: 80% of the time
d. Lift up to 40lbs on a frequent basis: 70% of the time
e. Lift over 40lbs on an infrequent basis: 30% of the time
f. Sit at a work station: 30% of the time
g. Work and operate a computer terminal: 30% of the time
h. Work at heights up to 25 feet above ground level
i. Work in confined spaces
j. Wear a paint suit and/or respirator
k. Work with paints/solvents/cleaners
l. Work any shift as required, including overtime as needed
2. Vision is required to analyze and process work; and to work on computer terminal/machine centers, etc.
3. Hearing is essential for safety reasons; and to communicate with employees, supervisors, managers, vendors, suppliers and customers via conversation, group meetings, and/or phone conferences
Our latest jobs
Ladson, SC / Summerville, SC
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
19 February 2020
07 February 2020