Job Title: Customer Relationship Manager
Location: Cape Town
Contract/ Perm: Perm
Discipline: Financial and Business Solutions
• The Customer Relationship Manager maintains and extends their relationship with strategically important partners by implementing innovative CRM strategies. They will ensure that their interaction with them is collaborative in nature and grows their lifetime value to both the Acquiring partner and company against both revenue and profitability targets. This is accomplished by understanding and anticipating the current and future business needs of the merchant, communicating these across the organisation and presenting technical and business solutions to meet those needs. The role leads the merchant’s account planning cycle, which includes mutual performance objectives, financial metrics and critical milestones for a one and three year period. The Customer Relationship Manager must be able to influence the customer’s service compliance, loyalty and retention.
The candidate will assume ownership for all aspects of the relationship with key merchants and smaller merchant groups:
Strategy & Growth
• Lead the merchant’s account planning cycle and ensure this is kept up to date. Assist in the preparation of budget stats for their business with the merchant.
• Drive for new revenue with the merchant by identifying new business opportunities for both parties and work with the merchant and/or internal company teams to get these across the line. Assist with planning of rollout to new locations as required.
• Engage with the merchant once new company product offerings become available to ensure deployment where appropriate.
• Carry out regular opportunity analysis, e.g. to identify unsupported currencies.
• Manage and extend upwards the contact matrix within the merchant’s organisation ensuring all potential points of contact and influence are being addressed.
• Establish merchant’s affiliation with other companies (acquirers, third parties) across the globe; identify opportunities this may present and also competitive factors that would need to be taken into account.
• Ensure all activity related to the merchant is captured on CRM.
Contractual & Compliance
• Remain up to date on all developments within the payment industry; understand any necessary compliance related changes and communicate these to the merchant.
• Have a comprehensive overview of company’ contractual relationship with the acquiring partner and merchants, being mindful of implications any technical, financial or product related changes might have on their contractual relationship. Highlight contract expiry dates/roll-over periods to team leader and work with them through contract renegotiation period to ensure retention of business.
Intelligence & Insights
• Understand the key drivers behind their business with the merchant; be able to identify and examine issues with KPIs and bring these to the attention of the merchant or the appropriate internal company team.
• Understand the cause and impact of factors external to the merchant and/or company relevant to revenue performance across all stakeholders and be able to articulate this to merchants.
• Leverage the relationship to provide ongoing client and market intelligence. Ensure this information is fed back to team leader.
• Understand and leverage Mercury BI reporting capabilities available to the merchant, closely monitoring and analysing performance. Work with the merchant to ensure reports are available to the merchant, understood and used as appropriate.
• Understand the merchant business outside of company products. Be inquisitive about how the merchant operates; work at identifying any needs outside of current company product offering and flag these with team management and other relevant internal departments.
• Schedule, host and chair regular review meetings with senior merchant staff and prepare documentation for same.
• Have an excellent working knowledge of the technical third party solutions deployed by the merchant - engaging where necessary with the company Terminal Product Team/PSP Manager in order to examine and resolve any issues that may arise. Ensure system testing /health checks are carried out on a regular basis and record results. Ensure clear process and operating flows are in place for all transaction types and that these are understood by the merchant.
• Be aware of all incidents relating to company business with the merchant; communicate and work with the merchant and internal company Teams until these have been resolved.
• Train merchant staff to help them understand, promote and sell company products.
• Gain full understanding of company costs related to servicing the merchant, using this information when planning incentives, etc.
• Work with the merchant to compile merchant specific marketing collateral as required.
• Own all projects related to business with the merchant.
• Process ERG claims as required.
• Experience in account management, preferably in financial services, merchant acquiring, or the retail/hospitality sector; demonstrated superior customer service capabilities and experience in developing new ideas to improve key processes, product offering and revenue.
• Communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable and capable of communicating with all levels within and outside the business both written and verbal with a high level of professionalism.
• Organisational skills - self-motivated and able to demonstrate strong organisation and prioritisation skills in a sales and relationship management environment. Must be able to work under pressure and autonomously; successfully manage a very diverse and demanding workload.
• Strong technical and computer literacy; skilled in the use of tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• Flexible attitude to working hours and willingness to travel UK-wide.
• Full clean driving license.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Charlotte, North Carolina
Spartanburg, South Carolina
$60k - 70K + 10% Bonus
03 September 2019
06 August 2019