Reporting to the Manager, Data Engineering and Analytics, you will be an authority and key contributor in the implementation of data science skills and technologies as part of strategic goals. You will deliver value to the business across the analytics space including descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. You will leverage your mathematical, visualization, model building, and story-telling skills to drive value capture of data assets.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Research, design, implement, and deploy full-stack scalable data analytics solutions and machine learning models to drive value for the business.
• Communicate inferences effectively through data storytelling, meeting stakeholders at their level of technical expertise.
• Provide advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts for the broader Data Science and Operations organization.
• Demonstrate strong business-acumen in the rationale supporting model recommendations
• Inspire the adoption of advanced data science and analytics use across
• Contribute to the consistent technical growth and development of the Data Science and Operations organization, ensuring the awareness of state-of-the-art algorithms, best practices, and tools as they evolve
• Build effective working relationships across all data producers and consumers at
• Translate business requirements into prototype models
• Innovate on existing data models and generate novel value for leveraging internal and external data sources
• Scope data science work requests and deliver on the agreed timelines
• Create schedule mitigation options when unexpected issues arise
• Other duties as required
Occasional travel may be required.
Conferences calls outside of normal business hours will be required.
• This position does not have direct reports
Education and work experience
• Master’s Degree in data science
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a data science role
• Applied knowledge of software development best practices with experience using various data related query and programming languages (SQL, MongoDB, Python, R, Scala)
• Implementation experience in data wrangling of structured and unstructured data with data represented in multiple data formats (csv, html, JSON/XML, Parquet, text)
• Expert-level understanding of and experience using relational and non-relational database access
• Experience manipulating, processing, and enabling value extraction from large disparate datasets through programmatic means
• Hands-on experience in the creation of well-documented code to implement statistical and machine learning models including both supervised and unsupervised learning
• Expertise in visualization best practices and hands-on experience using industry standard tools (PowerBI, Tableau)
• Experience in model development that leverages Big Data and Cloud Computing technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong statistical and mathematical skills
• Demonstrated commitment for continuous personal growth
• Positive can-do attitude with a passion for taking on the hardest challenges
- Proyecto estable.
- Entorno puntero a nivel tecnológico.
- Desarrollo profesional.
- Formación en últimas tecnologías.
- Retos profesionales en un entorno dinámico y de continuo aprendizaje.
- Posibilidad de teletrabajo.
Si quieres conocer toda la información, envíame tu CV a firstname.lastname@example.org
Our latest jobs
$130000 - $155000
Ft. Meade Anne Arundel