Our client, an International industry leader in the Construction sector, is looking for a Director Cost Management to join their team in Ottawa, ON. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to further progress their careers within a multi-national organization specializing in providing professional services such as program management, cost management and consulting within the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. The ideal candidate would have previous management experience as a senior cost consultant and should have a strong desire to join a profitable and stable organization with lots of opportunity for future growth and career advancement.
· Responsible for the day-to-day leadership and direction of the cost management team on large scale infrastructure projects
· Responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities including submission of proposal and cross-selling of services to new and existing clients
· Oversee the management and recruiting of all staff including performance review and evaluations
· Responsible for the financial management of all aspect of the business including budgets, forecast and project deliverables on all key projects
· Responsible for generating reports for status updates including but not limited to contract values, estimation to completion, variance and completion reports
· Adhere to the corporate procedures and standards while simultaneously being able to deliver quality service to the client based on the project requirements and expectations
· Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in a cost control with previous experience in quantity surveying and estimating services
· University Degree or Relevant work experience
· Certification and active member of Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS); The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or Association of Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who work in Canada will be considered for this position, and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company. TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.