Fluor Industrial Services are part of the TRS Staffing Solutions group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. We specialise in offering clients both general and bespoke recruitment solutions and can deliver tailored solutions for your recruitment requirements, from a single candidate to an entire project team Specialties Recruitment, Staffing, Secondment, Manpower, Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, Oil and Gas, Offshore, Onshore, 24/7 365 days a year.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work for our market-leading client who is looking for a Electrical Technician on a Contract basis. You will form part of a multi discipline team that are expected to carry out various works to a high quality and safety standard.
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Reports To: Electrical Supervisor
Background: The Electrical technician will exhibit exemplary safety and technical competence in all matters pertaining to electrical maintenance works on and around the vessel. He is responsible for ensuring that he maintains competence to carry out allotted tasks.
Authority: The Electrical Technician is authorised to maintain electrical assets and systems to the level of authorisation conferred under Electrical Competency Manual No: 00.07.10.221
Immediate Subordinates: Electrical Operators, Subcontractors, Visitors, Vendor Representatives.
Maintain and adjust the condition of electrical assets:
- Electrical Systems, Equipment, UPS Batteries, Generators Switchboards, Motors, Wiring, Portable tools etc
- Comply with relevant authorisation procedures, safe working practices and specific instructions
- Complete maintenance in an agreed timescale, using safe and appropriate methods and agreed procedures.
- Ensure resources and spares are planned for and used cost effectively
- Ensure the correct, current operating requirements are available for reference.
- Ensure any assets which have been maintained or had parameters adjusted still comply with specified operating requirements with minimum disruption and with the specified methods, tools and materials.
- Monitor and record any maintenance or adjustments accurately in work history in MMS.
Monitor And Assess The Performance And Condition Of Electrical Assets.
- Obtain information or parameters from reliable sources. (Inspection ports, connections, vendor documentary information, instrument readings, diagnostic equipment.) using approved methods
- Use monitoring equipment or procedures correctly to assess the condition of electrical assets
- Ensure monitoring and checks are carried out in line with specified MMS timescales and schedules.
- Record and communicate monitored outcomes accurately and in timely fashion to raise the effectiveness of MMS.
- Compare current performance with previous assessments and take action where differences must be addressed.
Diagnose Faults in Electrical Assets.
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
- Select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically.
- Determine the cause, nature and extent of problems in the performance and condition of electrical systems or assets
- Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take.
- Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
- Sample and check that controlled process discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure and regulation.
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Ensure resources such as PPE, materials, tools and spares are accounted and not wasted or used inefficiently
Emergency Response (See Station Bill)
- Carry out Emergency Response Role
- Show competence during drills and exercises
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Once recruited the Technician will be authorised by the UEA to the appropriate level.
- Proven experience and qualified to ONC/ HNC, or NVQ Level 3 or recognised equivalent in Electrical Maintenance Engineering
- Minimum 5 yrs experience preferred, with 2 years offshore petrochemical experience desired
- Good knowledge of PTW, Electrical Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment and Man Management, Power Management System, Generation on LV
- COMP ex E‟x‟
- Preferred courses: HV/LV Protection and HVLV Switching.
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Personal: Exemplary awareness of safety issues. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
Leadership: Able to assist with operation of Electrical Power Generation and distribution systems. Good levels of written and spoken communication. Positive and assertive.
Technical: High standard of analytical, diagnostic, technical and professional knowledge, on electrical systems, components and procedures
IT: Use standard Management System „Office‟ package electronic mail system and diagnostic software and equipment as required.