Our client, a leading EPCM with projects worldwide, is seeking a Deputy Environmental Manager to join their team in Kitimat, BC. The ideal candidate will have previous large-scale construction project experience with an EPCM.
This position reporting directly to the Site HSE Manager and is responsible for creating and sustaining a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety, and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitments to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
1. Cross-Shift for Environmental Manager and effectively leading a team of over 10 staff when required.
2. Risk awareness and early interdiction of issues thereby ensuring sustainable mitigation measures.
3. Peer review of moderate to high risk environmental work plans.
4. Technical support for all environmental staff, excluding fishery biologists (since we have technical SMEs in place)
5. Regulatory support.
6. Compliance, particularly water.
7. Complex environmental issues resolution.
8. Client satisfaction and overall assurance of environmental related activities.
9. Interface with external relations, regulators and select NGOs.
10. Promotion of the Safest Project on Earth.
11. Support on boarding of new contractors with contracts personnel.
12. Waste management technical support.
13. Memorandum creation and / or review for completeness and sound technical approaches.
14. Proactive liaising with construction personnel and attendance at weekly construction planning meetings.
15. Mentoring and development of staff.
16. Technical input into investigations.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
To apply for this position, please send your Word formatted resume to email@example.com. Please refer to the job number in the subject line of the email to be considered.
TRS Staffing Solutions Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
Salary ranges are estimated, and may be negotiable depending on the candidate's level and quantity of experience
Our latest jobs
Maputo, South Africa
Saint John, New Brunswick
35.000-43.000€gross per year
03 September 2019
06 August 2019