Ready to advance your career and have the opportunity to work on urban environmental projects? Our client is now hiring an Environmental Technician with a desire to work in a support role alongside the Project Manager on various construction projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
In this role, under minimal supervision, you will perform a variety of non-routine tasks in support of the professional staff within the assigned unit. Work assignments may be in the office and/or at field sites. A willingness to travel is expected. Our technicians may act in a lead capacity as required. Our clients’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Technicians to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Performs groundwater monitoring and sampling and retail and commercial bulk petroleum facilities.
• Must be able to use environmental sampling equipment and monitoring devices.
• Performs non-routine and occasionally heavy labor tasks related to onsite industrial waste, hazardous waste, field environmental surveys or wastewater treatment operations and maintenance.
• Collects samples and maintains documentation in record logs.
• Operates trucks, pumps, vacuum equipment, oil booms, generators, and other machinery/equipment.
• Maintains appropriate logs of activities.
• Tests, calibrates, repairs, and modifies control and instrumentation systems at onsite locations under general supervision.
• Assignments are undertaken independently on a regular basis.
• Prepares required field and office reports of various activities and findings.
• Initiates basic reports and/or establishes and maintains logs and records.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• High School diploma, or equivalent, and typically 4+ years of related work experience, or an Associates’ Degree in a related field with 2+ years of experience.
• Completion of a 40-hour OSHA training course (with an annual 8-hour update) is required for industrial or hazardous wastewater operations.
• Familiarity with typical Technician assignments and responsibilities, as well as tasks and testing techniques related to operations.
• Ability to work at high elevations; lift and carry 30+ pounds; pull, stand, and work in confined spaces; crouch for long periods of time; and work under inclement cold weather conditions
• Relevant background in water treatment systems, pumps, materials, equipment and/or construction to support plant operations, maintenance, and repair activities.
• Knowledge of methods and precautions in storing and handling chemicals.
• Ability to work with others in a professional team environment, as well as independently when required.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Omar Rodriguez; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
$160000 - $200000
$21 - $23
Ladson South Carolina
25000 - 35000
$65000 - $65000
Ladson South Carolina
د.إ75000 - د.إ80000
Doha Middle East
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
Zapopan Jalisco Jalisco
$600000 - $120000
20 March 2020
19 February 2020