Estimator II (Landside, Utilities & Infrastructure)
We currently seek a high caliber Estimator II for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. Based in Los Angeles, CA
The general job duties will include but not be limited to, preparing conceptual & detailed estimates, negotiating change orders, developing budgets and reviewing invoices. Proficiency with electrical, utilities and heavy civil trades is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have proven cost experience
- Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded
- Develop the record of negotiation documentation
- Review the scope specified within the proposal to ensure it includes the appropriate scope
- Review quantities and ensure there is a fair and reasonable representation of additional scope, as well as possible credits Review the material pricing and validate against R.S. Means and other support data, for other pricing references
- Review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references
- Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
- Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes and why
- Review the labor rates to ensure conformance to the contract specifications
- Review labor productivity to ensure that the labor hours are in conformance with working restrictions, overtime is appropriate, etc.
- Prepare and review material take-offs from planning documents or engineering drawings
- Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems
- Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees.
- Proficient with industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Richardsons, etc. Experience with HCSS estimating software desirable
- Review contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes
- Contribute to the advancement of LAWA goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders
- Experience with On-screen Take-off and MC2 is highly desirable
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel)
- Hardware/Software Knowledge
- Proficient with large-scale estimating software
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years of general estimating experience directly related to both engineering and construction projects is required
- Ability to produce conceptual estimates, detailed estimates and negotiate change orders with Contractors.
Employment Type: Contract
Location of Position: Los Angeles, CA
Location Type: Office/Job Site
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
75,000 - 85,000
Las Vegas, NV