This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
JR Embedded Software Tester.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Electronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics Engineering, Information Technologies)
- Good communication skills in English language
- Ability to work well and communicate with others.
- Positive, pro-active, detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge on CAN, TCP/IP & LIN communication is preferred.
- Knowledge on Scripting languages (Python) is preferred
- Knowledge on Matlab/Simulink is preferred
- Microsoft Office is required.
- Well understanding on basic Electronics and Electrical communications.
- Basic understanding of Testing concepts is an advantage.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases to validate system functionality.
- Ensure Software Updates strategies for the Infotainment modules are successfully executed across the SW upload strategies within Ford.
- Estimate, prioritize & execute regression testing based on SW readiness & daily SW releases to ensure execution Pass rates are not affected due SW changes.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough confirmation testing when bugs are resolved and new SW versions are released to ensure SW failures were properly addressed.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product owners) to ensure system requirements compliance
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts during test regression phases.
- Support Test Automation team to automate test cases defined in the Automation environment.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Setup test benches to ensure appropriate configurations are done (Intermediate)
- Support issues follow up & ensure Issues life cycles are properly follow (Intermediate)
- Support triage discussions with external teams to ensure issues are properly reported. (Intermediate)
- Ensure weekly test execution metrics are met (Intermediate)
- Analyze new Test Scenarios to incorporate intro the current test plans (Intermediate)
- Participate on the SW Change Management process to identify coming critical SW changes (Intermediate)
Our latest jobs
R5000 - R8000 per month basic (plus benefits)
Durban, South Africa
R8000.00 - R15000.00 per month basic (plus benefits)
Durban, South Africa